Sunday, February 26, 2012

The 7 Most Common PCLaw Errors – Hidden Errors

 

Hidden Errors are usually the result of deleting an entry, but a remnant of the entry is still present within the PCLaw data.

For example, I once had an entry that had been deleted, but it still appeared on an older bank reconciliation report – without remnant of this entry the reconciliation would not have balanced.

There are error messages within PCLaw that are designed to prevent you from altering data saved to bank reconciliations. In this instance, the error message was somehow overridden.

When searching the entire general bank report (all dates), the entry amount did not appear. By searching for the same amount in corrected entries, I was able to quickly locate the offending item.

As always, I invite your comments and suggestions for future post topics. Next week – Duplicate Entry Errors.

Clyde

1 comment:

  1. Just this week I had errors on the G/L reconciliation report. These entries were not appearing on any other report that I ran. I narrowed the error date down one day. With the assistance of PCLaw Support, we removed to two errors hidden in the background.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome any comments or feedback.

Do you have a question? Do you have a topic for a future article?