Sunday, December 11, 2011

The 7 Most Common PCLaw Errors

December 11, 2011

I provide legal bookkeeping services to clients on a monthly basis, however, the vast majority of my income comes from error correction services. I have some clients that do all of their own bookkeeping, and retain my services just to correct errors and monitor for LSUC compliance issues.

I think the best way to start this next series of postings is to list the types of errors commonly found in PCLaw. Starting in January, I will discuss each of errors in more depth.

User Errors:

  1. Simple posting error
  2. Trust errors (multiple matters/trust accounts)
  3. Accounts Receivable errors (method/multiple invoices/matters)
PCLaw Errors
  1. Posting error (PCLaw generated)
  2. Partial posting error
  3. Read/write error
  4. Hidden error
There are others, but these are the most common errors.

If you know of another type of error that you would like to see added to the discussion, please email me. Maybe others are having the same issue, so I would be happy to assist. If I recognize the problem you are having, I will reply to your email with a possible solution.

As always, I invite your comments and suggestions for future post topics. Next week – I am off for the holidays – next posting: January 8th, 2012.
Clyde

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome any comments or feedback.

Do you have a question? Do you have a topic for a future article?